Summer of code is coming to and end, but not my involvement with coding for MusicBrainz. The last few months have been hectic and rewarding. It’s been great to work with the MusicBrainz team on adding new functionality to the site. It was great to see my changes merged into the main site and released live for everyone to use.
Over the last few weeks I’ve been working on another set of changes for displaying and interacting with collection data on the MusicBrainz site. These features fix the bugs that I discussed in my last post. The changes are currently in code review. I just need to make a few small changes and then they will be merged into master for the next release.
I didn’t quite finish all of the tasks I had set myself at the beginning of the summer. Rather than be disappointed about this I am taking it as an opportunity to keep working with MusicBrainz as a volunteer over the next few months. I have a bit of a hectic schedule for the next month or so, but after that I plan to continue digging into the following tickets, which add new category and notes functionality to collections: